Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Gambling With Sanity Week 7? 8? I don't fucking know, okay?


We glory through last week, where I went 9-6 against the vaunted Vegas spread. If you listen to me you will find great truths, but you are unlikely to find money, unless the Failure Demons go away for a week or two and I trick the trickster Loki and get the good picks from the angels in heaven, but wherever we end up at the end of this brutal why the fuck are we even doing this to ourselves season, we’ll have a lot of laughs and maybe a tear or two, but then again maybe I will have discovered a new way to beat the geeks who make the sheets or whatever the fuck is happening, I don’t even know, I’m on too many pills, but fuck ‘em, that’s what I have to say about that so you can just put that in your pipe and go fuck yourself.


NY Giants (+14) at New England

Saquon Barkley is out for the Giants, who will be throwing poor Daniel Jones to the Dothraki horde who follow Gisele as she follows Tom Brady in his quest to win the iron throne. He only has 6 of the legendary 9 rings needed to forge that throne, so Gisele will have a lot to work with in Daniel Jones, who will be stripped of his ring, I don’t know what ring it is, it doesn’t really matter, as Tom and Gisele punish fuck the poor lad and steal all his rings and credit cards and what have you. These are not nice people, they are monsters wearing human masks but that’s okay because we’re all monstrous and fucked up, but at least Tom and Gisele look good.

Pick: New England


Carolina (Pick ‘em) at Tampa Bay

Cam Newton is dead, hit by a car while strutting like Ric Flair no doubt, but that throws this game into a chaos zone where you can’t really get a read on how it will play out. Maybe Jameis Winston’s stolen crab legs will fuck with Christian McCaffree’s knees or some shit, I don’t know. What I do know is that Tampa Bay is of shit this season, and I suppose it’s only right to roll with Ric Flair and Carolina. Just make sure you keep an eye on Ric once the liquor gets flowing because there will be horror stories with those crab legs.

Pick: Carolina


Cincinnati (+8.5) at Baltimore

The Bengals have abandoned the season, no one gets out of there alive, and the Ravens are just sitting there with the best offense in the whole NFL. So . . . yeah, this is not hard. The best thing about the Ravens mauling everyone with their Lamar Jackson and Mark Ingram backfield is that somehow, someway, the Harbaugh style of offense is still alive, which is really the Bo Schembechler style of fuck you I’m taking these next few yards and you can’t do anything about it, which is football in its most glorious splendor. The Bengals are going to cave in against that kind of football and this could be a bloodbath with Lamar Jackson running Baltimore better than Stringer Bell ever could.

Pick: Baltimore


Seattle (+2.5) at Cleveland

Man, Baker Mayfield flaming out was so obvious, but I wanted to back the little dude because he is cocky as fuck, like in that way you have to be if you’re a fighter pilot or, say, an NFL quarterback.  To be honest, I blame Cleveland, and all of Ohio. Oh, and Dan too. But I’m not quite ready to dump poor Baker here in the shit heap because I think that he has something inside of him that won’t let him get rolled like this. I know it because I see it in my own eyes when I look in the mirror. We’ve got a lot inside of us, mostly Failure Demons lurking, but there is a spark there, and I see it in Baker Mayfield, and while the rest of the world is laughing at him, I will be the one dude left backing him when he breaks loose, drunk as fuck and takes a shit on the entire state of Ohio. I’ll be there, with Baker and Dan, who we’re stringing along until he can lead us to Harry Potter’s golden Snizzlestritch or whatever the fuck goes on over there. I’ll be there, and Baker Mayfield and I will shit on every last one of you fucks. Still, let’s take the Seahawks and calm the fuck down, especially Dan.

Pick: Seattle


Houston (+8.5) at Kansas City

Houston is looking pretty good, and we know that Patrick Mahomes has that hand cannon ready to do ridiculous shit, so this should be a fun one. Mahomes hasn’t thrown an interception yet this season, and he is looking like he’s going for round two on his MVP tour of the NFL’s dead and dying. But JJ Watt is back for Houston and killing people again because they fed him batteries and god only knows what while he was rehabbing, and the Texans have a dude in Deshaun Watson who can match Mahomes. So, to me, this looks like a chance for Houston to get some action somewhere in that spread. I suspect the Texans might even win this thing and Mahomes will just have to go back to his palatial estate, and by the way, the dude is the son of a major league baseball pitcher named Pat Mahomes so he has always had money in his life. One team is hungry here, the other one just wants to hit up some Netflix and champagne with maybe a woman or two involved.

Pick: Houston


New Orleans (+1.5) at Jacksonville


Pick: New Orleans

Philadelphia (+3) at Minnesota

Who even fucking knows with the Eagles these days, and Kirk Cousins is still trying to prove that he helped write the Patriot Act, the legislation not the team you inbred morons, so I don’t really know which way to slide the penis on this one. I guess I will take the Eagles, mostly because people like Kirk Cousins live all around me, and that makes life pretty fucking difficult sometimes. At least the freaks in Philly are organic assholes unlike the plastocene ones Kirk Cousins comes from. Fuck Kirk Cousins. Have I said that enough? No, it’s never enough. Fuck Kirk Cousins and fuck all the plasticide people he represents. FUCK HIM.

Pick: Philadelphia


Washington (+6.5) at Miami

Yeah, I don’t give a shit about this game. FUCK KIRK COUSINS. AND DAN TOO. HE KNOWS WHY.


Pick: Miami


San Francisco (+5) at LA Rams

Somehow the 49ers are rolling at 4-0 with a god tier rushing game that came out of nowhere, and the Rams have to be looking out here, no? It’s about time this rivalry gets fired up. San Francisco vs Los Angeles, California babies dying every day. This will be the game that tells the tale of the NFC this season, I suspect. And if the Rams aren’t careful fucking around with their Hollywood friends, a big fucking forest fire might swoop down from the Bay Area and get everything all fucked up for everyone. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that, or if it does, at least spare the Mexican people while Steve Guttenberg gets roasted alive and eaten by a swarm of drifters. These are the things we have to hope for if we’re going to survive.

Pick: Rams


Atlanta (+2.5) at Arizona

Both of these teams are shit, don’t make me have to try to make my fingers work in this daze of pills.


Pick: Arizona


Dallas (-7) at NY Jets

Well, the Jets are 0-4 and I’m guessing they are preparing a sacrifice of Luke Falk to ensure that Sam Darnold doesn’t go the Sanchez way just yet. The Cowboys are the Cowboys, which means they are the team of petty thieves, leeches who have sucked this land dry and demolished the people that were here before them. Jerry Jones is a liar and a piece of shit, and he’ll probably be the next President because that is the world we are living in. Fuck him, fuck Kirk Cousins and fuck Dan, yeah you heard me.

Pick: Dallas


Tennessee (Pick em) at Denver

Two shitty football teams will get together to play a dying sport in a stadium that sits a mile high. The only way to make this interesting is to get 20 miles high, fly free of this fucker, just you and me on the space wind which is a thing I didn’t just make up. We’ll fly forever as soulmates, dipping in on crazy worlds and peoples, fucking each other and the friends we find along the way. It’s better this way, just let yourself go and also sign over power of attorney to me so I can protect you from vagrants like Kirk Cousins or Dan.

Pick: Denver


Pittsburgh (+5.5) at LA Chargers

Big Ben is dead and now Mason Rudolph is doubtful? Well, fuck the Steelers I guess, those inbred pieces of shit who have turned this country over to the Trumpkins all for a promise of coal and steel. Fuck them and fuck Kirk Cousins and fuck Dan too. YOU HEAR ME DAN FUCK YOU

Pick: Chargers


No comments:

Post a Comment