Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Gambling With Sanity Week Fuck It


Went 5-11 last week, which is bad news for anyone dumb enough to follow my idiot words about this idiot sport, which to be honest isn’t very many of you which must mean the world is smart, but that can’t be true, can it? Are we the idiots? I don’t know, fuck it. That’s the best I’ve got for you these days. Fuck it. It’s easy to do, you just have to fuck it. So . . . fuck it.


NY Jets (+14) at Baltimore

Lamar Jackson going full Death Star on the entire NFL is pretty amazing, especially because it blows up so much of the idiot philosophies of NFL diehards who think that a quarterback has to be a dude who just sits in the pocket and throws the ball to the fast guys and also is white which they won’t say out loud but it is the essence of their entire belief system which is fucked, but if you’re reading this, I imagine you know that the world is fucked. Anyway, Lamar Jackson turns these idiots into shaved apes, foaming at the mouth, hooting and flinging shit at each other because they can’t understand why this dude breaks their tiny thought models, which are really just a diseased rat chewing its own balls off for no reason other than it is hungry and stupid. That is the thought model that these imbeciles are malfunctioning about because Lamar Jackson is a young black quarterback who can run and throw all over the place and he isn’t getting broken in half like RG3.  At least not yet. Fuck, I have probably put the Failure Demons on him just by writing this. Sorry, Lamar, that’s just the way things go around here. But until those Failure Demons catch up to him, I love that he’s out there just obliterating everything. He’s already rushed for over 1,000 yards this season and is on his way to more than tripling that through the air and no one has been able to stop him, and these putrid New York Jets certainly aren’t going to be the team that does it.

Pick: Baltimore


Philadelphia (-6) at Washington

There’s a chance that the Eagles or the Cowboys gets into the playoffs by winning their division at 7-9, which is some ugly fucking football, but I don’t give a shit about any of that and neither should you. The NFC East is fucking terrible this season, which is fine by me because their fans are all fucking terrible too. It is the most obnoxious division in pro sports and they get off on it. They know that they’re awful and they just don’t give a shit. The NFC East is the Donald Trump of sports divisions, and it makes perfect sense that the winner of Division Trump will be some 7-9 team with the most horrible fans on earth. It doesn’t matter if it’s Philly or Dallas, it works either way. Whoever comes out on top will be a shitty football team and people will say that they shouldn’t be there, but you know that if it’s either Dallas or Philly, that game will be in the prime time Sunday Night spot and everyone of you will watch the goddamn thing. These are the teams that America deserves just like Donald fucking Trump is the president that America deserves. Anyway, fuck every team in this shitty division and their fans, except for Tosh and I won’t even post the pic of him all coked up this week. Or maybe I will. I just love that pic, just like I love Tosh.



Pick: Philadelphia


Chicago (+7) at Green Bay

Part of me can see this being one of those games where the Bears defense terrorizes Aaron Rodgers which they manage to do every so often. But the other part of me knows that the Bears this season don’t have whatever magic they sometimes manage to stumble upon, and that Aaron Rodgers is the devil himself and he’s at home for this one. Still, the Bears are kinda hanging in there and maybe, just maybe, they have some of that weird Bears magic left over from last season, but I doubt it and you never want to bet against the devil himself in December at his own house, frozen like Dante says in The Inferno, just waiting for these sinful Bears to come calling and to fuck up when they do.

Pick: Green Bay


New England (-10.5) at Cincinnati

It doesn’t really matter if the Patriots aren’t killing everyone right now and you’d be an idiot to assume that this is the end, so calm down Alex and don’t suffocate your baby just yet because we all know the Patriots are still Dad, and everyone else in the AFC still lives under his roof. They still have Tom Brady, who is almost certainly doing things behind the scenes every day that would make your blood run cold involving immigrants, babies and god only knows what else. And they have the number one scoring defense in the league, which is when they are super dangerous unlike that year when Fat Matt Patricia made Tom Brady vulnerable to humans and also the Philadelphia Eagles. But Fat Matt isn’t there anymore. No, he’s here, with me, with my Lions, which is just the most disgusting fucking thing the universe has done yet to me, to all Lions fans. But this isn’t about me, this is about the Patriots of this season, who don’t have Fat Matt dragging them down into the abyss but do have King Tom and a championship caliber defense, and they are still Dad and someone will have to kill Dad to get to all his money, and yes, Alex, I have whispered to your baby daughter that “Kill Dad” is the only way to win in life.

Pick: New England


Houston (+1.5) at Tennessee

Not a lot separating these two teams, which makes it even creepier that Tennessee used to be Houston back in the day before the Oilers became the Titans and before Warren Moon became Steve McNair. But, yeah, there isn’t a whole lot to say here other than the Texans seem to be trending down a bit since JJ Watt went down with a torn pec and yes, I just googled that shit just for you.  Tennessee, meanwhile, has won four in a row, and seem to be sneaking up on everyone and might just rip the division away from the Texans, who deserve it on account of being Texans. Put two and two together and this seems like a pretty easy call for Tennessee, right? Of course, that is usually when I get my ankles cut or some horrible shit, but let’s not be afraid of the future just because the past has fucked us in the ass or cut our ankles or I don’t know what in the fuck I’m even talking about.

Pick: Tennessee


Seattle (-4.5) at Carolina

Carolina seems to be falling apart without Cam Newton or Ric Flair, both of whom I assume are waist deep in their own filth in some backwoods strip club which is just a pretty thin cover for a whore house, and while they are out running hos the Panthers are a team on the brink of anarchy, and poor young Christian McCaffrey’s tender flesh is out there for anyone to just come along and dirty up, which I suspect is what will happen when the Seahawks come to pay him a visit this weekend. Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll know all about stripper whores and fresh white meat, and sometimes that’s all you need to know when making these kinds of picks.

Pick: Seattle


Denver (+13) at Kansas City

Denver surprised the Texans and their falling apart team last week, but they won’t sneak up on Patrick Mahomes, who has the Chiefs rolling after walking into New England and beating the Patriots. He’s all set to rain down hell fire on the Broncos, who will continue to suffer under John Elway, which is always an awkward thing when the local hero is fucking up and nobody knows how to deal with it or get rid of him without causing pain for everyone. That certainly won’t happen to me with Stevie Yzerman and the Red Wings, no sir, oh god please don’t let that happen. You can take John Elway as a sacrifice, just leave Stevie alone.

Pick: Kansas City


Miami (+3.5) at NY Giants

I don’t give a single shit about either of these teams and I resent you for making me write even this much about them. Fuck them both and fuck you too. I’m sorry, I don’t mean that. I can’t afford to alienate any of you, who altogether could fit in a child’s classroom.

Pick: Giants


Buffalo (+1) at Pittsburgh

This should be one of those miserable December defensive slugfests that everyone hates but I love. Buffalo is still hanging in there, an improbable success, and the Steelers are surviving in a world without all their familiar stars on offense. But fuck all those guys because they have a new star in my man Devin Bush, who is about to make life very shitty for Josh Allen. Still, the Bills running game has been just good enough to survive and they don’t mind playing in the cold since they play in Buffalo which gets all that gnarly lake effect snow, which I get here too, and if you don’t know what that is it’s pretty self-explanatory. Basically, the Great Lakes cause a shit ton of snow to fall on the lakeshore, which is where I live and which is where Buffalo lives next to Lake Erie, one of the shittier Great Lakes, but we won’t hold that against them and to be honest that’s mostly Ohio’s fault. That’s right, we have deep blood feuds here in the Great Lakes States. Anyway, all of this gibberish means that the Bills are equipped to not only survive but thrive in these types of games. The only problem is, so is Devin Bush after Becoming A Man up here in Michigan, and I can’t pick against my fellow Michigan Man here, I just can’t.

Pick: Pittsburgh


Jacksonville (+4.5) at Oakland




Pick: Oakland


Cleveland (+2.5) at Arizona

My dude Baker Mayfield has kind of recovered from that early season shittering, which was probably my fault for getting my Failure Demons on him and Dan, but now he and Dan both seem to be doing better lately so hopefully this time me writing this won’t get them all fucked up again, Baker savaged on TV before everyone and Dan laid up in the hospital yet again, a victim of some mysterious malady that I am pretty sure involves the ass, but I’m not a doctor, although I wish I was so I could raid the Oxy bins until I got caught but what a great few weeks that would be and anyway what the fuck were we talking about? Oh yeah, Dan has a prolapsed anus and Baker Mayfield and the Browns aren’t so dead after all. This is actually a fun matchup because Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray were both Oklahoma quarterbacks bred in the same system and I want to see them duel it out here with no pressure, just for the fun of it, and maybe, just maybe, it will all make up for whatever horrible things Dan was doing to his own asshole.

Pick: Cleveland


Atlanta (+11.5) at San Francisco

Atlanta has at least found some life in the second half of the season. It’s not a very good life, one spent on the margins, making Poor Choices one after another like a gambler let loose in some Vegas Valhalla until it all comes crashing down on you and you end up with a broken tail bone and you wake up in strange places that you didn’t remember going to in the first place and I’m totally fine, you guys, I promise. Anyway, the Falcons seem to have rediscovered some semblance of pride, at least on offense. But the 49ers are rolling on offense like the Ravens are in the AFC and they just had a ridiculous game against the Saints last week that ended up like 48-45 or something like that and I just checked because I am a slave to certain OCDish tendencies and okay it was 48 – 46, and anyway, they are not a team you want to be dueling with at high noon right now. So, sorry for getting your hopes up Falcons fans, Adrian, Fake Larry, Andy wherever the fuck you are, this one will go to the 49ers.

Pick: 49ers


LA Rams (+4) at Dallas

The end has pretty much come for Jason Garrett in Dallas, right? I’ve never really understood Jerry Jones’ slavish devotion to Garrett in the first place so I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow survived yet again.  I mean, like I’ve already said, one of those shitty NFC East teams is gonna come out of that division at 7-9 and then who knows what happens in the playoffs. Still, things aren’t looking too good for the Cowboys these days, and now they have to play the Rams, who maybe aren’t the Rams of last season but are still good enough to cause a panic stampede sort of beatdown situation on a team that is coming off the rails like the Cowboys who have lost three in a row and Jerry Jones is up there sucking on his false teeth and doing blow off the fake titties of the Cowboy cheerleaders and this could be a fiasco, some old boy might have a heart attack kind of thing is what I’m talking, and good, I hope the whole goddamn lot of them goes out ugly as fuck, naked and disgraced on national TV. But you and I both know that I won’t get what I want, and in real life the bad guys always seem to fucking slither their way out of trouble, and no one slithers like Jerry Jones and his Cowboys and he’ll be goddamned if his Cowboys aren’t on primetime once the playoffs come along, where they will lose like they always do because Jerry Jones is a dumb old asshole, but still, he’s got enough power to drag them to that spot year after fucking year.

Pick: Dallas


Minnesota (-3) at LA Chargers

I’ve written more than enough about my disdain for Kirk Cousins and it sure was pretty shitty to watch him win against my Lions last week. I really don’t have much else to say here other than fuck Kirk Cousins and fuck the Lions for making me watch him play football. I’d love to say that Philip Rivers could take care of things for me, but fuck him too because he’s a jackass and a fuckup and I don’t want him helping me in any way. So I guess all that’s left to do is reach for the ether and make some more Poor Choices as Kirk Cousins gets away with it all.

Pick: Minnesota


Indianapolis (+9) at New Orleans

The Colts have lost three in a row and the Saints are fresh off of the losing end of that wild game against the 49ers, and I suspect this game will be a shootout too, but the Colts aren’t the 49ers and the Saints are who they always are, so I expect them to win. But more than that, I’m always happy when the people of New Orleans have something to cheer for because that is a city of my heart, debauched and lurid, and I also always like it when the people of Indiana are fucked over because Indiana is the secret shittiest state of them all, just a hateful ignorant bunch of people, more Klansman there than in Mississippi and everything ugly about America can be seen in their haunted faces, those faces that tell the tale of decades of losing, of being the wretched and useless. These are mean, angry people. Small people. Petty People. Fuck them and their goddamn corn and soybeans. Fuck Mike Pence, who is as Indiana as it gets. Fuck Bobby Knight, that rotten old asshole. Fuck Larry Bird. Fuck Hoosiers. Fuck Notre Dame. Yeah, they’re in Indiana too, they’re just too embarrassed to remind people of that. Fuck all of them. Indiana is the heart of MAGA America. It is the last hellhole before actual hell, and the people in hell are better people than the people of Indiana. Fuck it all.


Pick: New Orleans






No comments:

Post a Comment